Découvrez le stage de tournage sur bois de l’école Escoulen dispensé par Jean-François Escoulen :
– stage de tournage en excentrique.
Téléchargez le calendrier complet des formations 2019.
After learning to traditionaly turn cabinetmaking (table legs, style, balusters…) performed in 1972, Jean-François Escoulen is moving gradually towards the creation of unique pieces. His mastery of thin turning and eccentric turning led him to share his knowledge around the world. His encounters with turners of different countries gave him the opportunity to refine techniques and creations.
• 1982 : Best Craftsman of France.
• 1992 : 2nd prize in the competition Artisa « l’Air du Temps » and Alpexpo trophy.
• 1993 : Prize of the city of Cagnes-sur-Mer, creation of the first eccentric mandrel.
• 1996 : Resident ITE (International Turning Ex-change) in Philadelphie. Wharton Esherik Museum Price (USA).
• 1997 : Lecturer at the World Turning conferences in Philadelphia. Departmental price SEMA.
• 97-99-02-05 : Demonstrator at the annual meeting of the American Turners.
Since 1998 :
• Teaches turning in Europe, Israel, Australia, Canada, USA, Japan.
Exhibited in galleries, private collections…
• Departmental Grand Prize of Art Professions.
• Teaches multiaxis turning in Arrowmont School / Tennessee (USA).
• 2000 et 2003 : Co-organizer of the World Day of Turning Art in Puy St Martin.
• 2004 : Prize Artinov (business innovation category). Creation of reverse ball mandrel.
• 2006-2007-2008 : Organizes « les Petites Journées de l’Arrondi ».
• 2007 : Creating the third mandrel, to allow a misalignment of a cup and a counterweight.
• 2009 : Audience Award ex-æquo and Breville Artists prize (Charente). Resident at the Congress of American Turners.
Since 2010, building on his experience and his national and international reputation, Jean-François Escoulen and her wife Monique Escoulen, cabinetmaker, joined to the municipality at Aiguines to start make the Jean-Francois-Escoulen woodturning school, school whose Jean-François was the main teacher and the director till Frebruary 2016.