Boilermaker profession (sheet metal work), despite a strong attraction for woodworking since my childhood.
I start woodworking by sculpture.
In 2001, it is the “meeting” with turning at the World days Puy St Martin. The arts presented capture me as their quality by what they emit. A perfect union between the creation and working the material.
In 2004, I started turning.
I made several courses that give me the urge to go farther each time.
– Gilbert Buffard I learn the basics.
– Jean François Escoulen : I improves and discover a whole world of eccentricity.
– Alain Mailland : I always improve and discovers another world.
– Rolly Munroe , Neil Scobie , Eli Avisera : I still improve a lot.
– Audience Award in 2010 Breville.
– Selected expo iti 2010, 2012.
Different learning and encounters naturally lead me to the sculpture but on turned wood. This discipline allows me to combine various elements of nature and different types of structure such as wrought iron, damask, titanium and wood.
This taste for mixtures of materials brings me every time on personal connections, different and still beyond, in the creation of unique and unusual pieces.
Hubert Landri’s site : www.hubertlandri.fr